Lively, entertaining reviews of, and essays on, old and newer films and everything relating to them, written by professional author William Schoell.

Monday, September 1, 2008

CREATURE FEATURES: Nature Turned Nasty in the Movies


CREATURE FEATURES: Nature Turned Nasty in the Movies. William Schoell. 2008; McFarland.

No, I'm not going to review my own book, but I would like to point out that this beautiful, hardcover, illustrated book is now available at the publisher's web site and at amazon.com.

Creature Features covers dinosaur, dragon and mythological monster movies, big bug features such as Tarantula, the films of Ray Harryhausen, nature-runs-amok movies featuring killer animals of normal size, a whole chapter on giant-sized beasties, and a section on blobs and other oddities. Fun, informative, and entertaining, if I say so myself! For adult readers, but young people will get a bang out of it as well!

Verdict: Hope you like it!

No comments: